Sunday, September 11, 2016

Discovering My Why

Why do I want to live the freedom lifestyle? 

Simple, to help empower people. 


Seven years ago, I had a major stroke, which left me paralyzed and unable to speak. I was 25 and living a very fast life going to school full time, running my business, choreographing for several studios, running a talent agency and traveling when ever I could. 

Come to find out I had an AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation) in my brain which developed while in the whom. Something I was born with and that we were not aware of. One day while teaching a dance class, it ruptured, leaving me paralyzed on my right side and unable to speak. I was present and aware a great deal of the time, but was very sick from the bleed. Luckily, the bleed stopped on its own and I was left with a long road to recovery...

Meaning I had to re-learn EVERYTHING. 

How to eat with a fork, how to walk, say my name, fasten buttons, math, the alphabet, walk backwards...everything. And some things I am still re-learning. 

Through this journey I was very fortunate to have the recovery that I did, and all the lessons I learned a long the way. My path has lead me down and up, learning and growing in ways that I do not think would be possible if this had not been gifted to me. For that is what I consider it, My Gift. 

I know I survived for a reason (Here are a few stats on AVM's)  I need to share it with the world to help empower people. I need to share this gift of what I have learned and what I have overcome to help people with their day to day struggles.

Through this process I hope to get clearer on how I can do this, with my why leading the way.



This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment